NEW ETSY WEBSITE COMING SOON!! Now under construction!

September 18, 2009

A new tool for design



     The latest project I've been working on didnt come out of the shop, but instead from Google Sketchup, a kind of auto cad design program for woodworking. It took me all day to get this design on the computer, after many hours at the drawing table using pencil and paper. I'm excited to have Sketch up as a tool I can use for project design, and for proposals too. I dont know that I'll be using it on a daily basis by any means, but it'll give me a chance to provide a 3D view to clients when necessary.
     This model is an entertainment center for a client to match some logwork I did in his house, as well as some other log furniture he and his wife have. It's a pretty wide entertainment center, balanced really well with the large screen of the tv in my opinion. It's standard cabinet construction really, with some tricky log corner accents and a live-edge slab top. Seeing it 3D like this really brings it to life for me. I cant wait to get started on it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment