NEW ETSY WEBSITE COMING SOON!! Now under construction!

November 1, 2009

Closing in!

We got tons done today, and it's starting to look like a real piece of furniture as opposed to just a few hunks of plywood stacked up together!

I got the dado all set up on the table saw, and after 2 days of staring at the wood trying to figure out how to cut the corner pieces, I simplified my jig to make it as easy as possible. The log rides on this plywood sled, secured with just a couple screws through the back.



A corner log, ready for the final pass.


Top going on!!



Mixing up a little pixie dust- lots of glue and some sawdust from the sander, mixed up and used to fill in wood defects as needed...



...then you just work it into the grain.



 
Starting to look pretty good.

 
A cool little detail- another great reason to buy local- you don't get this stuff too often in commercially built furniture- especially for any resemblance of fair price.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so great! I am so happy I get updates on your progress. If my hubs wasn't a woodworker himself we would be commissioning you for work! :) Take care,
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete