NEW ETSY WEBSITE COMING SOON!! Now under construction!

April 20, 2012

Finish on the Walnut Serving Trays/Platters


First coat of finish on a couple of the walnut serving trays I made 2 weeks ago, still wet. Glistening, really.
 Here's one platter without finish (in hand, obviously,) and one with fresh finish on the bottom. I'm giddy like a school girl.


  
 Here goes platter number 3. This stuff is totally food safe, just messy to apply. It's a home brewed proprietary blend I made up on the stove in the house the night before. Once it cools, it turns to the consistency of hard paste wax. So I microwaved it. That way it'll really soak into the pores of the walnut.
 Messy stuff. "Paging Dr. Jellyfinger..."

 Ahhhhhh...... that's better. After slathering on a liberal dose, I'll let the finish soak in for a few hours before coming back and wiping off the excess. I'll do this several times over the course of a few days to build up the protection. The best part is that it uses beeswax, so it smells really good while it goes on.

 
Evil hypnotizing dog invasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment